Day 27 - Sunshine and Purrs



January 5, 2015


(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th year where I write and illustrate a blog on each day's gift.)


Cold January winds whipped around the car as we crossed the Bay Bridge and headed toward Ocean Pines to return our grand-doggie after our pet-sitting stint for a week.  Blue skies. Maryland's eastern shore farms rolled by in a gentle blur.

Puggle Roxy was snoring in the back seat on her plush bed, next to the rainbow squeaky toy I bought for her. A warm blanket of sunshine fell on me in the passenger seat and the engine’s purr became a soothing mantra that spun a cocoon around us. No need to talk. No pressure. No expectations. Just comfortable presence, in the moment, side by side. No hurry. Breathe in. Breathe out. Feel the warmth. Farms rolled by and time was suspended.

Peace and contentment washed over me.

Today’s gift was a peaceful cocoon.

Return home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can read my other posts on this project here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: