Day 180 Beginning the Day



June 7, 2015

(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th years where I write and illustrate a blog on each day’s gift.)



“Just tell me what you’d like for breakfast.”

I hear this every morning. David’s biggest meal is breakfast, which is my least important meal. He’s ready to spend an hour in the kitchen whipping up a big meal to start the day while my system tries to get in step with a new day—ever so slowly. 

“Poached eggs, pancakes, French toast? Just tell me what you want,” he offers.

“Fruit,” I say most mornings. He doesn’t just hand me a banana or peach. He spends time cutting up strawberries, melon, avocado, peaches, kiwi, raspberries, blue berries and bananas. Sometimes he adds grapes and mandarin oranges. Fruit is a good way to start the day with fiber. 

While I try to brush the cobwebs from my brain, a beautiful bowl of cut up fruit is being created. Do I know how lucky I am? Of course! And I appreciate it, even though it might take me a few hours before I express my appreciation. 

 Indeed, I am lucky to be married to a caregiver, a husband who cares about my health. It’s good to begin each day with this kind of love.

Love is often the fruit of marriage.” ~ Moliere

May I should mention that the fruit is always arranged aesthetically on a plate or in a bowl. Preparation with an extra special touch.

Maybe fruit is the love of marriage.

My gift today (and every day) is a bowl of fresh fruit.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­

> Day 181: Questions

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: