Day 238 Reflection



August 4, 2015 

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)


A lithe and blithe figure danced as the sun set. Creative Exposure Baltimore meetup met tonight to celebrate our seventh birthday by shooting models and surroundings outside the Baltimore Museum of Industry. Emily arrived a little late but lost no time in dancing and sharing her spirit with the photographers as we experienced shutter clicks, rain, sun, a rainbow and birthday cake. 

A song came to mind, one by Ric Masten that I heard many years ago when he performed at the Unitarian Church in Annapolis. As I move (not so lithe) through each day, one particular tune continues to float through my head—Let it Be a Dance. It is a simple tune about dancing through life and one verse fit tonight: 

Let the sun shine, let it rain. Share the laughter, bear the pain.
Round and round, we go again, Let it be a dance." ~ Ric Masten

As I watched this beautiful young woman flow in motion, I was intrigued by her reflection in a puddle left by the rain just a half hour before. Her reflection left as soon as she moved position, the puddle will be gone by tomorrow morning, but she will still carry the dance inside.
Life is the dancer and you are the dance.” ~ Eckhart Tolle

I carry a dancer inside as I choreograph by narrative.

My gift today is a dance.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 
You can find links to my other posts on this project here:







No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: