Day 255 Anything Goes



August 21, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)

"Anything Goes" exhibit at Gallery 788 with comfortable conversation area.
I volunteered to gallery sit this afternoon at Gallery 788 where I have four photos in the current exhibit, Anything Goes, and where Baltimore’s diverse talent shines. Owner Eduardo was busy preparing for another nighttime event.

This afternoon was quiet with a few interesting visitors. A small boy wandered up the steps to the second floor gallery. He was alone, appeared with an antique eggbeater and began to talk as if we were longtime friends. (The strangeness of it reminded me of the little prince who suddenly appeared and asked the downed pilot to draw him a sheep.) This loquacious child was confident and bright—really quite delightful. He pointed out that he had come up the steps by himself. When I asked him where his grown-up was, he said she was downstairs. After about five minutes his grown-up appeared, explaining that she wanted to give him some space to explore. In a few days, he will begin kindergarten.

Another artist who was gallery sitting, Allie, and I talked for a while. Then a tall, bearded black man appeared and jumped into a metaphysical conversation that included love, history, science, math, women... and more that eludes my memory just now. While I listened to Jorge Ekwueme reach out on tangents and miraculously pull diverse facts and ideas together, my brain skidded around inside my head, trying to keep up. Now I know what mental friction burn is. What is the origin of origins?

Anything Goes would be a good name for Gallery 788. You never know what might happen but whatever it is, it’s bound to be interesting and thought provoking.

My gift today is a metaphysical discussion.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

Day 256: Good Energy


You can find links to my other posts on this project here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: