Day 290 Perspicacity



September 25, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)


It is difficult for me to pronounce the word perspicacity. My tongue becomes twisted, I put the s in the wrong place and I lose track of syllables and accents. Even more difficult for me is to grasp the fact that when I am no longer here, life will continue—just not the one that is my life. 

For each life there is a universe, its own universe. We generate spheres of reality, individual bubbles of existence. Our planet is comprised of billions of spheres of reality, generated by each individual human..." Robert Lanza

Tonight I sit in my favorite restaurant, the Szechuan CafĂ©, with my husband David and friend Jeremy. As human beings, we may exist in our own spheres of reality but there are emotional gravitational pulls that bring individual spheres together and I am grateful for that. During these times of connection, I experience the moment, embrace it, savor it and then eventually release it, for I cannot hold elusive time in my hand. Perhaps that is why each day is especially important, each moment a gift. 

I cannot grasp the planet’s future without me but I have the perspicacity to appreciate the confluence of this moment.

My gift today is a confluence of spheres.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: