Day 303 Beginning the Day



October 8, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)



During the year in Maryland, there are a limited number of days that I can begin my day sitting on my back porch drinking in nature and green tea. Spring and fall, when the temperature is comfortable and it is not raining, I like to greet the day this way.

When I was teaching, I woke up at 5:30, arrived at school by 6:30 and began to prepare for the hectic and sometimes stressful day. Now, I have the luxury of a slower and more connected start. I read the paper or the next chapter of a novel while drinking one of my favorite teas. Often, I just sit, look and listen.

This morning, there were no hummingbirds. They have begun to migrate and will return sometime next April. I watched a chickadee and titmouse dare to approach the nearby feeders, in spite of my presence. Since our huge oak tree that our porch was built around had to be taken down, squirrels are no longer constant visitors, but today I heard a scratching as a squirrel scooted high on a loblolly and stopped on a branch to eat an acorn. A plane from nearby BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport buzzed overhead, reminding me how much I love travel adventures.

What's the rush? If you've given yourself permission to chase your dreams, then why is it so hard to give yourself permission to just be?” ~ Nikki Rowe


My gift today is permission to just be.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 


> Day 304: Touching Lives

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: