Day 348 Morning Mistake



November 22, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)


I was especially glad to wake up this morning because it allowed me to escape my nightmare. Seldom do I have bad dreams but this was an especially bad one. David said I was mumbling incomprehensibly. It’s no surprise because my nightmares usually involve me losing much of my voice so no one can hear me. I cannot even scream. Upon awakening, I remembered further details that thankfully have faded as today unfolded. 

David diverted my thoughts by offering his feet for me to massage. With his feet propped up by pillows on my lap, I could not easily retrieve the wonderful mint foot cream that a friend sent to me, so I picked up a tube within reach and began to massage each needy dry foot. I made sure that I paid special attention to his heels and his relaxed face showed his pleasure. It had been way past my turn to reciprocate.

Once finished, I remarked that he had not gotten the premier cream and that I had instead used—wait! This wasn’t what I thought I was using. I had just massaged my husband’s feet with SPF 55 sunscreen! Laughter began to rise to a bellow, which lasted long and loud. This time there was no problem with anyone hearing me. And there’s no danger that David will get sunburned feet today.

The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” ~ Mark Twain


My gift today is waking up this morning.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

> Day 349: Broken


You can find links to my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: