Day 361 Let it be a Dance



December 5, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)



Dance is the hidden language of the soul.” Martha Graham

What a beautiful Saturday, full of friends, art, food and drink. Gary fixed a hearty breakfast and then we went to Sharon Zarambo’s open studio where we had delicious gumbo soup and browsed her soul-touching art. After that, we drove to DuCard’s winery where we were treated to excellent wine and a friendly Santa.

Dinnertime was filled with more drinks and a gourmet dinner prepared by Stacy and Rayned. After dinner, another clear and full night sky called to me while Geri and Gary snuggled near the fire and Stacy and Rayned played dance songs from his iPhone through my miniature Bose speaker. Standing outside in the chilly air with the door closed,  I could not hear the music but through the large windows, I saw their bodies swinging out, twirling, and coming together again. Watching them dancing, without hearing the music, touched something in me...a magic moment. I watched a blur of movement that told me the music lived inside of them, inside of their life together. 

In A Gift from the Sea, Anne Morrow Lindbergh wrote, "A good relationship has a pattern like a dance..." The dancers know "they are moving to the same rhythm, creating a pattern together, and being invisibly nourished by it. The joy of the pattern is not only the joy of creation or the joy of participation; it is also the joy of living in the moment."

It reminded me of a 1977 song, Let It Be a Dance, that still sings in my heart, an original piece by a Unitarian songwriter, with contagious simple lyrics and tune but so true. 
Morning star comes out at night,
Without the dark there is no light.
If nothing’s wrong, then nothing’s right.
Let it be a dance.
~ Ric Masten, .

Life is a dance and the best dance is a joy-filled blur on a star-filled night.

My gift today is a dance.  

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

A sermon about Ric Masten and Let It Be a Dance:
http://199.237.214.160/sermons/LetitBeaDance.pdf 

> Day 362: Disconnecting and Connecting

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html
              

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: