Day 364 Rice Krispy Treats



December 8, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)

 


Paths, a hackneyed cliché for personal journeys and choices, is on my mind today and I will not apologize for adding to its overuse. 

As I walked with my friend Brycia this morning, I thought about how our paths crossed through photography and how I admire her resilience. Like Robert Frost’s two roads, her road has changed direction recently and it will make all the difference.As with all my friends, time spent with Brycia adds new layers to my life. I think about my own paths and am grateful where they have led me.  

If we listen to political pundits today, we begin to realize that too many people believe their way is the only way. 

It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path.” ~ Paulo Coelho

Instead of rejoicing in the beautiful patterns in front of them, some walkers fear the shadows that stretch across their paths. There are those who fear walkers on other paths and it is this fear that creates bad choices.

When we were born, choices were made for us. Does the path change us? Of course. But as we become full-fledged adults, we have the power to walk another path. What may be most important is how we respond to other travelers at the intersections. Not only are we responsible for our own happiness but also for ripples we leave in our wake.

Today I gave Brycia my homemade split pea soup and she sent me on my way with her homemade Rice Krispy treats. We gave one another hugs.

My gift today is a  path of  friendship.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

> Day 365: The Butterfly Effect

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html







              

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: